As a team member, you will assist OSIM with the analytical and administrative duties required to support and maintain a customer service program, including the administration, management, and communication of results and impacts resulting from customer service activities.
Management and Administrative responsibilities shall include:
- Assisting with information technology customer service activities including customer interaction, system database entry and reporting, coordinating conferencing and web conferencing activities, assist with video and web conferencing meetings and events, information technology property management including physical inventory of information technology and management items, create and update website information;
- Supporting ORD in the processing of onboarding and deprovisioning requests using the ORD dPROV and EPA eBusiness systems. Assisting with maintaining records in the ORD OMIS-HR application and in Access databases;
- Researching, coordinating and summarizing information relating to information technology and management requests;
- Supporting OSIM’s role in management of mobile devices for international travel. Such support will include review of travel database entries, weekly mobile device communication steps for new travelers, and an in-depth understanding of EPA’s related policy and guidance to better support OSIM’s customers;
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, summarizing data, and preparing reports and presentations in support of an information technology and information management line of business. Analyzing, cross-referencing, and synthesizing data from various information sources (e.g. spreadsheets, applications, databases, documents, and websites) and prepare reports and presentations;
- Assisting with the analysis of activities and processes in the formation and development of information technology and management policy;
- Maintaining records of meetings, correspondence, and action documents, and maintain a system to track projects in progress;
- Completing all associated SharePoint training modules, and designing, constructing, and managing/maintaining SharePoint sites for OSIM projects as needed; and
- Assisting in promoting and coordinating the use of web-based opportunities to foster collaboration among ORD scientists.
Communications-related responsibilities shall include:
- Assisting in the logistics and coordination activities for briefings, meetings, workshops, and other collaborative efforts;
- Assisting the team in developing oral presentations results and impacts using graphics and other interactive formats;
- Assisting in developing summary analysis documents of results and impacts from information technology activities; and
- Facilitating the appropriate communication and outreach related to information technology activities including: creating one-page summaries developing longer pieces based on directed background research, and developing communication materials for wider audiences, and developing information technology policy and standard operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in both information technology and customer service;
- Strong customer service skills (i.e., interpersonal skills, handling conflicts, etc.);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook); and
- Experience in administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases.
Location: This job will be located EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Salary: Selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage of $22.63 for hours worked.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected start date: The position is full time and expected to begin December 2021. The selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU working as a contractor to EPA. The initial project is through May 14, 2022, with up to 3 additional option periods.
For more information, contact EPAjobs@orau.org. Do not contact EPA directly.